Schroon Lake Central School is in search of a Business Manager/District Treasurer
Requirements: Applicants must have a strong background in school finance or business. A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business is desired. Civil Service eligibility as a school business executive is required.
This is a full time twelve month position with a regionally competitive salary and benefits package.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the population of 250 students, 32 teachers, 30 support staff members, and 3 administrators
- Manage the financial responsibilities of the district
- Work with the district superintendent to annually create a fiscally responsible school budget
- Provide oversight of district grants
- Manage all accounting operations including pay roll and purchasing
- Serve as administrator for the online substitute placement program (frontline)
Schroon Lake Central is a small school in the Adirondacks. SLCS serves a very supportive community and functions as the social center of the area.
Schroon Lake is a 1.5 hour drive north of Albany, one hour south of Plattsburgh, and 45 minutes from Lake Placid or Glens Falls. The small village sits on the shores of Schroon Lake. Schroon Lake is surrounded by the Adirondack Mountains and is a paradise for skiers, boater, hikers and bikers.
Post Date: 11/1/2022
Application Deadline: January 1, 2023
Start Date: April 3, 2023